It’s a proven fact that natural light can make you happier. And the more
you rely on sunlight as opposed to artificial light, you save energy too.
But if your rooms have smaller windows or are located in areas that
don’t bring in much light, there are a few tricks you can use to make
those spaces appear brighter.
- Use mirrors and reflective décor. Mirrors, as well as any type
- of shiny décor — like glass frames, gloss tiles or metallic accents —
- can beautifully reflect natural light throughout the room.
- Choose a door with a window in it. For extra privacy, choose a
- frosted window, or cover a regular window with sheer window treatments.
- Consider Top-Down/Bottom-Up Shades. With the flexibility
- to open your shades from the top down or bottom up, Top-Down/Bottom-Up
- shades let you block the harsh rays while still optimizing your views.