Last weekend I toured the homes on the 14th annual Holiday Homes Tour that benefited Heartland Community Health Center, formerly Health Care Access. All seven homes were decorated for the Christmas holidays in outstanding fashion. I came away with many ideas from each home. Here are just a few Christmas decorating ideas that I noted.
• Ornaments were hung under the shelf so the hanging ornaments filled the space below but did not sit on the shelf.
• A flat ornament or wreath was hung on a framed mirror. The mirror frames the ornament and reflects light on the ornament. Hang one or add a pair to your wall.
• Several trees were filled with only red and gold ornaments which made for a very warm, cozy look.
• Navy/blue and silver were a refreshing color combination for Christmas decorations.
•Different sizes and different height lanterns were used. Spray paint them to match your decor. Fill with evergreen, fake snow, balls or small ornaments.
•Black and white buffalo plaids were highlighted in one house. All ornaments, ribbons, and pillows were in this black and white theme.
• Christmas record albums were hung on the wall. Add trains under your trees – inside and outside. Tuck Santas and angels into your book shelves.
•Staircases, circular or straight, were threaded with evergreen ropes. Over-sized Christmas stockings that covered the whole area were hung from the banisters.