Creative Wall Art
Get Creative with Stylish Alternatives to Wall Art.
Wall art doesn’t have to be “art.”
Art and photos can certainly brighten up your walls. But if you think outside the frame, there are countless other ideas that are affordable, multi-functional and sure to impress:
Get creative. Display travel souvenirs, lights or tapestries. Turn an old window into a picture frame. With a little imagination, you can create your very own stylish personal statement.
- Mount a bicycle. A wall-mounted bike draws attention and saves valuable storage space. And chances are, guests will talk about it as much as they would a piece of art.
- Hang your hats. Turn your hats into a stunning wall collage. For a cohesive look, try matching neutral shades or different shades of the same color.
- Arrange various plates. Whether they’re mismatched plates you found at a yard sale or your grandmother’s fine china, hanging them on your wall is an excellent way to show off your collection.
- Go vintage with vinyl records. Display your favorite vinyl records in their original covers or by themselves. Frame them or create patterns across your wall.
- Hang a mirror. When positioned just right, a mirror can really brighten up your space and make your room look larger.
- Install decorative hooks. These days you can find a variety of styles and designs. Plus, they’re as fashionable as they are functional.
- Create a pattern with baskets. Arrange artisan baskets on your wall (you can even use them as shelves)! Just make sure you have a good combination of pattern, size and color.
- Bring the outside in with plants. Hang wall planters and fill them with succulents and other durable plants. If you choose herbs in your kitchen, you can grab them while you cook
Fresh Ideas from Hunter Douglas