A beautiful set of bookshelves is about so much more than just books! Bookshelves are a design element that is both functional and decorative. They solve some of your storage issues and, at the same time, help you display decorative items, such as statuary, vases, flower arrangements, clocks, plants, photos and yes, even books!
Bookshelves are not just for a home office or library; they can be functional and add interest to almost any room of the house, from foyer to kitchen to bedroom and more.
Shelves come in almost any style, material, shape and color; some are closed in and others are open style. Bookshelves can be built in, customized to your space, or purchased as-is and set in place.
– A vintage bookshelf can add history to your décor.
– Industrial bookshelves add grit and an avant-garde feel.
– A French boulangerie creates a European feel.
– Totally modern neutral bookshelves blend into the background of your decorating style.
Consider these ideas to optimize the impact of your bookshelves:
– For a new take on arranging books, lay books horizontally or organize your books by color.
– Install bookshelves along a stairway or around windows or a door.
– If your bookshelves have a closed back, paint the back a contrasting color.
– Don’t pack your shelves too tightly; leaving empty space creates a cleaner look.
– Use a bookshelf as a room divider, either at waist height or full height.
– Don’t forget about bookends; some are interesting and fun.
Add appeal to the display of your prized possessions and clear up the clutter with a beautiful set of bookshelves.